Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HAMPI HISTORICAL PLACE & VIRUPAKSHA TEMPLE

During one of my return journeys from Bangalore to see my daughter and family, I visited Hampi once the capital of Vijayanagara empire.
The main temple where worship is performed daily and is in good condition is the Virupaksha temple.
History : Srikrishna devaraya ruled this kingdom during 1509 to 1529, Tuluva dynasty. Son-in-law krishandevaraya (Aliyadynasty RamaRaja) was powerful, but served unde the tuluva dynasty sadashiva during 1571 to 1646. son-in-law of krishnadevaraya ie. Ramaraja was killed in the battle of Rakkasa Tangadi and Vijayanagaram was destroyed and the capital was shifted to Penugonda near Puttaparthi. I visited Penugonda another time during my 3 day visit to Puttaparthi for Srirama Navami celebrations. I heard to Bhagawan sri satya sai and also visitedPhysics depart of the SSS Inst of Higher learning and University. I made good friendswith the warden and the prof and head of dept of computer science and statistics during putta parthi visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment