Monday, August 31, 2009

SRISAILAM MALLIKARJUNA SWAMY TEMPLE

THIS IS THE SRISAILAM DAM NEAR THE TEMPLE.





Srisaila mallikarjuna swamy temple is over the hill and the bus has pased over the bridge after the dam and then reached in another 30 minutes the temple area on the hill top. Journey to srisailam is through ghat road and nallamala forests where naxal problem and the tiger reserve are compunded then, check up at some gate near nallamala entrace to check bus and passengers.

we reached the temple and took a room in Padmasali satram. took bath and headed for darshan. it is a vast temple and the entry is faily easy as the day is not any festival day.
The shiva lingam is only inches height and we can go very near to the shila lingaunlike other temples where we are not allowed inside the main diety's place. My father used to tell me great things about Srisaila Mallikarjuna swamy. My grand father has to my father the name of mallikarjua rao after srisaila mallikarjuna swamy. My grand father subbarayudu is an ordant devotee ofshiva with the lingam hanging in his nech with in a small box like things. I know I have seen the box as well as the small shiva lingam in my house during my child hood days.

After the darshan I have not spend much time in seeing around. The temple has elephant and we can have blessings with the tusk of the elephant. after the blessings with the tusk over our head , we give some dakshina and the elephant gives it the man / his master.

All in all it's a great place for the people who have faith in Lord Mallikarjuna swamy. I prayed severally to the deity to cure the ills and unite the family. I donot know exactly what made my children not to talk to me inspite of my best efforts and loving behaviours. I have given everything to them as a father should provide. It is just Grahadosha and prayed the Gods to cure the ills of grahadosha.

No comments:

Post a Comment