Sunday, September 6, 2009

BIRLA RADHA KRISHNA MANDIR KANPUR

Radha KrishnaTemple, popularly known as Birla Mandir is at the city cener  of  Kanpur.  I used to go this temple around 6:30 pm and have Aarathi at 7 pm and reach home before 8 pm.  Since I was travelling to IIT by this route and on my own scooter for academic work and for experimental as well as technical discussions with some of the professors in IIT, I have been visitng the temple on my way back to home at Krishnapuram.  I  used to drive 50 to 60 kms for the purpose of IIT visit and on the way back the temple visit.
Birla Mandir in Kanpur is a white marble temple with wide prayer hall and three dieties centre one being Radha Krishna adjacent to it east side Hanuman Mandir and west side Shiva temple. The pictures are made of stones with color stone push fit in to the grooves made.  It is beautiful.  Aarathi is very memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment