Sunday, September 6, 2009

GWALIOR SUN TEMPLE AND SCINDIA MAHARAJA PALACE, GWALIOR

I had vsited Gwalior on four occassions primarily the Air Force station in connection with Mirage aircraft trails for the Piston insulators in the break assembly that I have developed.  I used to stay in the Residency as the same has been converted in to Guest House by the Air Force.  Adjacent to the Residency, Sun temple is built by  Birlas.  It has structure similar to the Sum temple of Bhuvaneswar.  It is made of white marble stone and is very attractive.  I have attended the Aarathi in the evenings.
I also visited the Maharaja Palace of Gwalior that belongs to the then Member of Parliament Madhav Rao scindia. A portion of it they are staying but, most part is left for public viewing.  Small entry fees is charged.

Photographs with British show that the Raja's have been faithful to British and had intimate relations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment