Sunday, September 6, 2009

RAMAKRISHNA MATAM & PANDURANGA TEMPLE, WALTAIR BEACH

TheRama Krishna Math is located on the Waltair (Visakhapatnam) sandy beach.  Panduranga Vittal temple is also adjacent to it.
I was doing my M.Sc. in chemistry during 1972 - 1974, those days in the evenings after the classes are over, I used to take my reading material and go to the beach side.  During  the Aarathi time 7 pm I used to go the Panduranga Vittal temple.  During discourse periods ( as per the announcements) I also used to attend the discourses by Rama Krishna Math saints. The beach was wonderful but, it has changed a lot after my study period.  Thoe days a few students like me and retired professors who have built their houses around that area used to attend the discourses.  Other than that it was secluded area, but, now a days it has become somewhat like city type with lots of new constructions and more number of people.  I have seen waltair once again in the nineties.
All in all the dolphin's nose, light house, Ramakrishna math, Vittal temple and the rushing sea waves, a wonderful that captures the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment