Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kotappakonda Trikuteswara swamy temple

Kotappa konda is near chilakaluripeta 2 hours journey from Chirala by ordinary bus. As a child I used to wonder when my classmates tell me that they had been to Chilakaluripeta and kotappa konda thirunalla and there were huge PRABHAs for Mahasivaratri. I never had the courage to ask my father to send me or allow me to visit the temple although I had huge curiosity to know how that experience is as my classmates used to tell me. But, what did not interest me was that they storey tellers used to boast as though they touched their should with the girls who came for the thirunalla, probably this kind of antisocial activity is the one my father also told me about the chilakaluri peta thirunalla. Hey GOD Forgive me for not visiting the sacred and most beautiful temple in my neighbourhood for 5 decades of my life.

Itis only recently, that I visited the temple 2 years ago, after the death of my father in 2006 Oct. 19. I think I visited first time in Dec. 2007 or so. After my first visit I have visited the temple as many as 6 times with the last 3 years. Once I took my daughter in the month of March 2009 afew daysafter Mahasivaratri. The surrounding are beautiful. The main deity is a 4 or 5 feet tall shiva linga and the executive engineer of the temple is a collegue of my class mate Ramana Murthy. We had special Pooja performed2 times during the visits. ( not on festival days).

One side attraction I found each time is an young man with silver paint o body and standing in statue position like Mahatma Gandhi in the very very hot sun. He doesn't wink an eye and the one rupee coins in front of him doesn't interest him as he looks like a Gandhi came alive. One of the evenings when he was about to leave becos it has become night, he told me he may get as much as 200 rupees on sundays and never less than 100 Rs. daily and thatis all his bread and butter. I enjoyed the trip and prayed to the Lord again and again to restore the severed connection with my children Anil and Venkat. I was delighted that Rohini (my daughter was on my side as I prayed that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment