Sunday, September 6, 2009

CHINMAYANANDA MISSION TEMPLE, VIHAR LAKE SIDE, MUMBAI

As\I have already given in the Vihar lake and Powai lake post this temple is nearer to the Hostel No.9 of IIT Powai Bombay where I was staying during my Ph. D. days (1975-1980)


Mostly, I used to go on Sunday mornings to Chinmayananda Mission temple and 10 am to 11 am I used to hear to Chinmayananda swamy's pravachanam (Chinmayananda  himself used to give the discourses) and then go to Vihar lake and back by 1 pm to Hostel for lunch.  Lunch is the only meals we used to eat no other additional snacks as I was maintaining hand to mouth with the 400 rupee scholarship I was getting.  That was the young age, so no health problems, I was 42 kgs only when I joined for Ph.D.



Chinmaya Mission temple is on a hillock top with a huge shivalinga structure as the temple structure.  Inside the huge shivalinga structure is the main diety and the discourse hall (a huge hall that can accommodate more than 100 devotees and  can sit comfortably)

No comments:

Post a Comment