Sunday, September 6, 2009

VIJAYAWADA KANAKA DURGA DEVI TEMPLE

The temple is visible to all very near to the Krishna Barriage and at some height on the hill but not exactly at the top most part of the hill.  One can climb the stairs in a few minutes.  Vijayawada Kanaka Durga temple is very famous.  As a young boy I first visited this temple along with my sister Jaya prada during Dasara period in the year 1967.  i was in class XI during that period.  My brother-in-law had taken me to a cinema in Anubham Poorna Shakara Rao has also taken me to a cinema.  Those days I hardly saw any movies as my father was against wasting money to see thera meeda bommalu. that is cinema.  I remember that I  have seen Lava Kusha along with my parents.  Another movie I have seen is  Chandi Rani with my second brother-in-law.  This one in Vijayawada theatre is the third film probably, I still remember the name of the movie Kannepilla and the heroin is Jaya lalitha, but, I don't remember the story of the movie at all.  After my return to school younger brother of my brother-in-law ( living with foster parents) who was also my class mate made fun of me by calling me "Llapinneka"  I got annoyed as I didnot understand what he means by Llapinneka.  It was almost a week when I got through a friend that means reverse way of reading kanneplla which is the cinema that I have seen in Vijayawada.  I think I only have told him that his brother has taken me to that movie as he was enquiring to know from me.  Afterwords I laughed it off as I am busy in studies stood first in the school. Unfortunately, as  Varda rajulu  do not study well he failed and discontinued studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment