Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tirupathi Venkateswara swamy temple

When i was 10 years old my father took entire family to Thirupathi. On the way near Nellore he last the purse and then made us wait in the railway station. My father went back to Chirala and then brought money second time so, the happy trip wasn't that much exciting although we performed all the rituals like kesa kandanam and waiting in long ques and had darshan.
Second time I visited when I passed my SSLC exams and got first mark in the school. This time I went along with one of my classmate Mr. Ramesh Damarla. I had my kesa khandan but Mr.Ramesh was not willing to stand in the long que for darshan and told me I come every year to thirupathi becos my father comes here to sell gold (donga bangaram) and thus, dragged me to return back with out darshanof Venkateswara swamy. For manyyears I felt very guilty within my thoughts and prayed severally to the Lord to forgive me for the fault. I was not confident of returning to Chirala on my own that is the reason why I yielded to return with Rameshbabu even without darshan. To get rid of this guilt of not having darshan is subsided when I took my entire family my wife and three children in the year 1984 after I joining DRDO as scientist. I was all sad throught the period 1968 to 1984 since I made a mistake of not having darshan in 1968. I did visit and had darshan in 1969 after my PUC exam. but, that didnot give me full satisfaction.

I did my MSc i n AU Waltair and Ph.D. in IIT Bombay. I have visited thirupathi not less than 8 or 10 times. (3 times during the last 6 years)

Darshan of Thirupathi venkateswara swamy is very special. I think I neednot go in to the details. I cherished every moent of darshan.

No comments:

Post a Comment