Sunday, September 6, 2009

LUCKNOW RESIDENCY, BUL BULLAYYA AND BULUND DARWAZA, LUCKNOW

During my  16   years stay in Uttar Pradesh Kanpur,  most of my spare time has been spent in order to counter the problems that the office gang has been creating to me and to my school going children. Probably, this is the only weekend trip I made during the entire period of 16 years.  In Lucknow, people appeared to be more polished and the criminals are somewhat less in number as compared to Kanpur.
I visted in the morning Bulund Darwaza a passage through which we go to Bul-Bullayya a Mahal that has so many rooms and routes, it is very difficult to trace back the route that we have started.  I just entered the first floor then I did not venture into the thing as I did not want to spend away too much time over there.  Then I visited the residency the ruined buildings of the British which has been captured by the Indian Mutiny (First freedom fight) during 1850's.  Samadhis for the the British Generals and colonels have been built within the compound wall after the british recaptured the same after one year.  It made me feel proud of our Indian Mutiny and partially successful  first war of Independence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment